Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Kanazawa Zoo.

Today is the day we go to the zoo.

Kanazawa Zoo is in Yokohama. Walk, train, bus is how we will get there. "Backpack. Kami's backpack. Daddy's backpack. I walking. Ooo doggie. Woof woof." The neighborhood on the way is small and very residential. Many houses we pass have gardens and small outdoor spaces. We have noticed they are privy to onions, squash, flowers, and bonsai trees. Mama says smile on the bus. Nope.


One main reason Mama wants to go to Kanazawa Zoo is for the roller slides outside of the zoo. She loves roller slides. Daddy hasn't seen these ones yet. Last time, we came with Victoria. "Toria, wee wee. Slides go fast. Down. I walking." Today, we are not going down the slides. The line is a mile long! Why are there so many people here today???


We trek on to the animals. "Animals! Elephant, zebra, tiger, rawr. Tiger!" Daddy says he doesn't know which kinds of animals there will be. It will be a surprise. There are fish flags everywhere. Daddy is obviously impressed. This is Golden Week. Golden week is the most popular time for Japanese to travel. Basically, all the trains, buses, zoos, theme parks, and hotels are packed right now. It is the equivalent headache as driving from Seattle to Spokane on Labor Day weekend. Now, we know.





Right inside the entrance, there are lots of colors and characters to capture my attention. "I out. I walking maseff. Look, Mama. Daddy, see it? I see it."
I see a big wheel with a big horn sheep in the middle. They are celebrating their 30 year anniversary. This is too many colors.


I move on to the animals playing in a band. "Look! Look. I see it." Now, I see puppets. Oma could make these. "Cute. Little animals. Cute."


Finally, Daddy says it's time to see some real animals. He lures me out with promises of giraffes. The map says this way!


"Giraffe! Stretch up high. Big giraffe." It looks just like my book. Mama wants to see baby kangaroos. They are called joeys. We walk over and they are too hot. Nobody is moving around. We keep walking. "I walk maseff. Stairs!"


The sign says lounge? Where? In the dirt behind it? Mama and Daddy giggle. "Rocks, stairs. I go down. I see it. Look." Mama scoops me up and we keep walking instead. Elephants are next. I make elephant noises by bringing my hand up to my mouth like a trunk. When I do it, I spit a little, just like Daddy.


We find Suzy Goose! Suzy Goose is in my book. "Roooankkkk, roooank. It's Suzy Goose. I on it. On Suzy Goose. Roooannk."


"Monkey! Monkeys. EEEEeee. Oooo." I sit on Daddy. "I up high!"


"Water. Noise. Waterfall. I coming. I go fast. OOOO! Waterfall."


"I climb. I see it. Okapi. Okapi. There it goes! OOOOooo! Wa-wa, please."

 Mr. Giraffe comes around again when it's time to leave. I like him and the elephants best this time. They are easy to see. "Daddy up, please. I up high. Stretch giraffe up high. I see it."


On our way out, there is a line to hug a pink cartoon. Mama tries to find out who it is, but she can't. I don't want a hug.


The souvenir store is a vending machine. Of course it is!


 Snack time for Daddy and I while Mama repacks everything so we can carry it to the train. Daddy and I talk about the animals we saw. He makes all the noises. He is good at them. I try to do the monkey, elephant, and mountain goats. I am mostly successful.


The train will take us to dinner. Maybe Katsuman?


No comments:

Post a Comment