Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Kannonzaki Park.

Today is the day we walk a long, long, long, time.

Mama says it is a pretty good walk to get to the park. She says it is worth it to play next to the ocean, see a lighthouse, and run around another strange Japanese playground. Daddy looks unsure, but agrees anyway. He should know better by now.

The first part is up a huge hill. Mama is laughing and laughing telling us that she thinks it will even out soon. A mile or two later, she turns out to be right. "Tunnel! Here we go. Noisy tunnel. Train in tunnel? No train." Even walking through the towns, there is always tons of foliage. The breeze has never smelled as sweet as it does here. Most of the time it smells like flowers, once in a while dead fish. Mostly flowers, though.



People might not have tons of space, but they use every inch. We pass porches full of flowers and laundry all the time, mmm.



Not sure how close we are, we find a festival of sorts and we (Mama) have to check it out. The whole community is here! There is a stage with robed men singing, tons of kids running around, and the most delicious aroma of Japanese BBQ. "People! Lady, boy, lady, lady. I hungry. Down, please. I see a boy. Look, there he goes. I walk masef."




We follow the shoreline for a mile or so. We find a house in the side of a wall? and a great entry made out of whole tree trunks! Mama wants to live in the wall house.



Here is the park! "Park. Paygown. Slides and swings. I do it. I can swing. Two pushes? Ready to play. We go to paygown, now."  Up ahead is the restaurant, museum, and gift shop. 



We opt to start hiking straight away. Mama and Daddy have listened to my multiple requests for the playground, or so I believe. They say we will go find it. I assess our arrival there a 50/50 chance at this point. Japanese hike=stairs. Every time.



"Paygown? Slide? You see it?" On top of suggesting the playground, I have asked to get down and have started cajoling my body side to side to get a better look. We find a helpful sign. Of course, I can read it. Now, I know the way! Daddy finds the best choice is to let me get some energy out, thought so.




 "Beetle, look. BIG big beetle. There he goes. Oh, oh, where he goes? I find him. Beetle over here. I thirsty. Water, please. I do it. Daddy's water. Mama's water. One mouth. Open your mouth, please. Oh, water. Open your mouth. Peaut budder sanich. I see it. Bite, please." We stop and have a peanut butter sandwich. Two bites and I have to find that beetle again. Wait, one more bite. Ok, I'm definitely ready to go now. "I walking. This way? This way. Hand. Mama's hand. You comin, Daddy?"

"Paygown!! Kids on paygown!" I am the first to announce our arrival. Mama tried to talk me into going down the roller slide. I decline. "Stairs. I'll wait. I climbing stairs."



Mama comes back and says it's slow anyway. We spot this jumping trampoline net!





So fun!!! I go up and down and nearly fall off. Mama rocks it a little more for me until the other kids get closer. It moves LOTS when the other kids jump. I hold on with two hands. I like this, but too many kids make me nervous. "Mama, help please. Off. All done."

We climb over this seemingly out of order part of the playground. Once we are tightrope walking for a while, we realize this is on purpose. Oh dear. This is fun?




Mama just laughs and Daddy is still looking at all the safety concerns. They don't allow me to attempt it on my own. Apparently, it seems unsafe for an almost two year old. I try the rainbow bridge. Too steep for me. "Up, please. Daddy do it."

We make it to the garden area. Lots of people are here playing and looking. I don't care, I have spotted my new pet! Chasing the dog is the obvious solution to make it come play with me. "Doggie! Doggie! I coming! You wait. Oh pee pee. Doggie pee pee. Oh, oh."




No new pet for me. I have my glasses instead. "Cheese!" Then I dance around a bit.



Enough messing around, Mama wants to start moving. "Solders? Daddy's solders to ride. I up there, please." Daddy happily boosts me up. He loves me.



We still have quite the hike ahead of us. I consult the map. "Buddha? Buddha? No buddha?" Well, now what are we going to look at? "A lighthouse is what we will find," says Mama. "No buddha." Sigh.




Daddy carries me and I get sleepy. Just for a minute I close my eyes. I pop right up for the prettiest part of the walk. Daddy still carries me.



"Nother tunnel! Tunnel!!! I in here. I in it!



The day is coming to a sleepy end. The boats are coming home from fishing while we check on the cannon at Kannonzaki Park. We never did go up to the lighthouse. Ha, I guess we will come back another day. Mama and Daddy just like a good walk with a little scenery. 




"Bye bye boats. Bye bye park. Bye bye ocean. New diaper, please. Ready to go."

No comments:

Post a Comment