Saturday, May 4, 2013

Babywearing.

Today is the day I find a wrap for my baby doll.

"Baby. Poor baby. Here I help you. Milk. Baby needs milk in the wrap. Shh. Shh."


First, I tried to wrap baby up in a t-shirt. Mama Roo asked if I wanted to put baby in a wrap. "Yeah. Wrap up baby. Go nigh-night." I just woke up, but I am positive baby needs a nap. "I do it. I put her in. Baby in scarf. Baby in wrap. Shhh, shh, baby. Here's milk."


Baby goes to sleep, so I continue my morning with her snoozing in her homemade wrap. Mama Roo does this with me, so I do it with my baby. Puzzles are first. "Nine flowers."




Long enough for me to get dressed, baby sits on the couch. "Wrap on me. You help. Mama, help please. Baby in wrap. Makeup? Mama's makeup. Girls? Watch the girls?" Yes, we can watch the Stella sisters sing "Ho Hey" by the Lumineers. Then, we will go do makeup. Is baby still sleeping? "Baby sleeping. Shh, shh. I hold her here. Nap right here."


We are going to the store to run errands. "Store. I go in cart. Goeshies? I put shoes on. Pink with buckles, I do it. Baby in wrap. She's sleeping." Mama sees that I do not want to leave baby at home today. Most days, baby naps in the big bed while we go out do things. Today, we have the wrap, so she can go everywhere with me! "Button! I push it. You coming? I go push it. I'll wait. Stand back for people. No people. I go in. Door closing. Natse manu ma." I try to repeat what the elevator voice says when the door is closing. Daddy taught me.



The 100 yen store has some good stuff today. Well, nothing useful, but definitely funny. The first is a waist warmer. It just looks like a fuzzy belly band for pregnant women. Maybe you could just wear an extra shirt? Guess not. The next item is to boost your bottom. Literally, if you don't have "enough" going on back there, this is for you. I know these are available in America too. Here, we are shocked to find them in random aisles of the 100 yen store. $1 to get the perfect behind. Any takers? I try to sneak the package into the basket, but Mama is too quick. I get in trouble. "Kami! It is inappropriate for children to pull items off shelves in the store. You can't walk by yourself if you can't behave." I make a pout face as she scoops me up. 


On the way home I push the elevator buttons like usual. This wrap is great. All mommies should have them. I have two hands ready to do all the things I normally do! "Button five. I push it." Mama never has to point. I know which one it is. "Going home for snacks."



At home, I take off my shoes. "Baby is sleeping. Gentle, gentle. I do it. Unbuckle." I make my duck face and watch Mama with the camera. One shoe comes off easy.



The other shoe is harder. Mama shows me where to put my hands every time. Once I get my hands right, I do it. "Put shoes away. Shoes in closet. Close the door. Snack time."


Baby almost falls out, but I catch her. We eat snack, then I help with dinner. Stirring is my job. I am good at it and I make yummy sauce. I beg Mama to let me add the spices. I spill some on the seat. Mama says I'm not ready to do that unsupervised yet. "Appopeat?" I ask Mama to see if I'm in trouble. "Yes, it was appropriate, dear. Thank you for helping. You will become more efficient with practice. We will practice more spices later. You are not in trouble. Keep stirring." Baby is still sleeping. 


I stir until Daddy gets home. "Dinner! I helping! Bus to work. Hi Daddy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment