Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Negeesa and Ma'E

Today is the second day in a row that we see my friends. We remember their names too!

We run right into them while we were walking to the store. "I walking maself. I go fast. You comin? Store has carts. I go in it. Girls. I see girls. Friends!" They come up and give me a big hug. We tell them we are going to the store. They don't understand English, so Mama points and keeps walking. They follow us. "There, a cart. I in it. I push it."


Causing quite a commotion outside the store, we figure out whether they are coming in or not. They are giggling and talking in Japanese to each other. Mama just starts going in and they take over pushing the cart. "Free help, yes please," Mama says. 


We are done really fast at the store. Ma'E and Nageesa point toward the playground asking if we could join them. If I don't touch anything in the store, I get to go anyway, so Mama agrees. Mama's camera is acting funny, so these pictures are terrible quality. I tried to help her fix it by wiggling on her lap and asking for milk. That apparently didn't work, so this is the best we have.


The girls follow me to what I want to do. This time, they also played their own game of badminton. Mama and I join in for a minute. We share a racket. Mama and I laugh and laugh, so do the girls. Suddenly, I spotted the teeter-totter and point excitedly in that direction. The girls are more than happy to change games. Nageesa rides on one side with me while Ma'E is on the other.




I haven't figured out what this hand gesture is, yet but I see it's very popular. Mostly, I just pose with my cheesy grin. This is so fun! "I ride them. Up and down. Weee. Wee. I on it."


Time to say goodbye. Mama says she has to start dinner. Just now, the outside bell rings, just like it does every day at 5pm. It sounds like a school bell, but you can hear it everywhere in the neighborhood. The girls look at each other and know they have to get going too. Everyone goes inside when the bell rings. All the playing children hop on their bikes, scooters, or run to get home. The three parks by our house our empty within five minutes. "Bye girls. Gato, gato. I walk on orge. I do it maseff."

Mama is making tacos for dinner. "I helping. Spinach. Matoes. Nonions. You cut them. Knives for adults. Dangerous. Sharp. Adults only. I helping. Here you go, nother matoe." Daddy gets home and we are ready to eat. 

Daddy sets my plate down and soon offers me a bite of his, like normal. Today, I refuse. "I have it. I hold it. Kami's own. Daddy's own. I do it maself." Mama puts together my very own taco to hold. I eat two halves of taco shell filled just like Mama and Daddy's. I hold it myself. I am so proud. Usually, I just take bits off theirs and have taco salad in my bowl. I don't even spill much.

Today, I am a big girl.


Note: Mama and I have no idea how to spell the girls names. I wrote them phonetically for you. You are welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment