Thursday, May 9, 2013

Miurakaigan Beach.

Today we went to Yokosuka bicycle park. It was not what we thought it would be.

We found this park instead. That's me, on the top of the curved blue ladder.


"I see it. I go climb. Look, kids! I go fast." I went on every part of the playground except for the slides. Japanese girls help me with the slides and if they aren't around, I don't go down. "Daddy! I see you over there. I be right back. You wait there."


Mama sees me trying to figure out how to navigate this red bridge. I turn around thinking I'll go bottom first. The dad next to me is getting nervous. Mama decides to come over so he doesn't try to spot me. Usually, if she stands closer, the Japanese parents don't try to interfere.


I got down into the green net and I was stuck again. I figured it out soon enough when Mama pointed out that I could go under the net. 


We are done playing here and have a backup plan to go to the beach. 
"Backpack on front, Mama. Walking to train? Own seat in there?" 
"Yes, Lulu you can have your own seat if there is room. First, we will walk and get some ice cream! Get ready to come up in the backpack."
"Ice ceem. I ready to go! You comin?"
"Yep, Kami pie, I am coming." Daddy calls from behind. Mama is sprinting toward ice cream. Of course she is.

There are other desserts, but we don't care. "Ice ceem. I hold it. Bite now, please."


"Wait for just a minute, Kami Lou, the lady will get it for us." She gets us two. I don't smile for the picture. I just want ice cream. "Yaydee got it. I ready for bite, please." YUM! Finally.


It is gone fast! That's good too, because you are not really suppose to eat on the train. We have seen people eat small snacks here and there, but nothing messy. Usually, it's kids eating. I haven't seen an adult eat on public transportation since being here. "More? Nope. Ice ceem all done. Train is coming. I on it! Yay!"


"Own wipe, please. I use it on my mouff. Hands too. All better. Train is coming! I see it. I in there!" The train comes on the other side. Mama says we have to wait for one coming the other direction. I am making Daddy Bear nervous. He scoops me up. "More trains?"


On the train I use the handle like this Japanese man. I want to sit in my own seat, but this works too. I am just like him. I will be Japanese soon.


 "Off the train. I walking? More people. Look, stairs. I can do it." A tiny jaunt through the village/town leads us to the beach. We have to show you the garbage spots here. You put the garbage under the blue nets. Every day is something different like, household goods, aluminum, plastic, yard waste, burnables, etc. There is almost always some kind of garbage in there. Also, we pass lots of fish flags. It is the end of Golden week here which is a VERY big deal.  This is one of the reasons we choose to go to the beach instead of a tourist destination. We did that last weekend and were surprised at the number of people traveling. No thank you. A quiet day is what Mama and Daddy need.



The road opens up to the sand. "Beach. Ocean. Ocean fish. Opa fishing. I in there. Unlce Clary on beach. Boats on sand. Feet in sand. Let's go."



It's beautiful and windy. There are some people out today, thankfully not too many. It's like memorial day with lots of family BBQ's up toward the road. It smells delicious! There are groups of young adults too. They seem to be acting a little crazy after having a few too many beverages. Mama and Daddy do not explain any further.



Many of the beaches here are lined with palm trees. This one is lined with evergreens.
  

Yes, I think it's strange too. Daddy and I play in the sand for a bit. I hand Daddy lots of handfuls of sand. He likes it, so I hand him more. "Sand? Here you go. More? Yes, here."


We walk out on a platform. It's even windier here. "I hungry. Dinner? I thirsty. Are you thirsty? Water, please." Daddy says we walk back to the train then find dinner.


 Pot stickers and noodles for dinner! I love those. Mama is getting good at feeding me with chopsticks. I can even use them a little bit too. Usually, the restaurants give me my own bowl, fork, and spoon. I see Japanese kids use forks and spoons too.


We are full of dinner and ready to go home now. Load up on the bus! "Phone? Kami's phone. I use it now, please. I on bus. Bus goes home."

No comments:

Post a Comment