Monday, May 27, 2013

Hiroyama Park.

Today we get to go on the bus and the train to see Baby Sally. Sally!!!

Mama knows we are walking lots today, so we take a bus to the JR station. "Flowers! Lots of flowers. I see them there. We can look at flowers?" 



"Train, I on it! Here, we go now. Ok, I ready. Not moving? Go train. Go train." 
"The train will move in a minute, Kami Pie. Let's take a picture."


Zushi station comes fast. I see baby Sally! She is in a backpack with her Mama. There is another baby. His name is Kato and his Mama speaks three languages. Kato says one word, ba. Ba is for ball.

We walk and talk. Well, the mamas are talking and I add a few words here and there. The babies fall asleep. "Stairs. I see stairs on mountain. Up the stairs? Down, please." Mama chooses to hike the stairs on her own despite my request. Secretly, I am glad. The playground comes much faster this way! Kato and Sally want to play!


I meet a new friend and hold her hand. The mamas ooo and ahhh while they snap a million pictures. My new friend likes the slide, so I follow her for a little bit.


"Look ducks! I go there. Quack, quack, quack. Mama, I go in there." I try to climb over the barrier to get into the duck enclosure. Mama decides this is not a good idea so she scoops my squirming self up and plops me over by the rooster cage. "Doodle-do, doodle-do. One, two, fee, four, five, six, seven." I count seven roosters, but I counted one of them three times. Mama says there are only four roosters. Learning to count is hard.

Monkeys are next. I run the direction Mama points. Eventually, she catches up. "Monkey mama, monkey baby. EEEE eee oooo. Monkeys!" I'm looking at the monkeys running up and down their logs. The baby monkey is on the mama monkey. The big monkey comes up to us to see what we are doing. I keep looking back for the babies. Sally and Kato just want to walk, they don't care about monkeys.


I try to show them what I see. "Look, there is one. Nother one. Monkey is jumping! Jumping monkey! Sally, see? Kato, here. I stand here. Kato standing here. Sally, come here."




"All done. I see stairs. I climbing stairs. You coming?" I run toward the huge stairs and try to figure out a way down. Each stair is up to my belly button. Mama leaves me to figure it out while she looks out over the water. Beautiful views are everywhere here and Mama tries to show me. "No tink you. I climbing!"


Down LOTS of stairs and to the train we go. When we go hiking in Japan, it always includes stairs. I'm glad Mama is strong. I see the train coming. "Here it comes. Okey dokey. I on it. Own seat? Own seat, Mama?" See opts to stand with my in the backpack. The train is vibrating and bumpy. I hug Mama from behind. My eyes close.

No comments:

Post a Comment