Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Itoko Tutsuro.

Today is the day Uncle Roy and Tutsuro came over to visit.

Itoko= cousin

"Mama sleeping. I awake! Suitcase down from closet? Daddy help you? Beetow baby in blanket. Ride in suitcase."  I talk Daddy into burrito wrapping me and putting me in the suitcase. He asks if I want to ride down the hall. Of course I do!


Mama is making french toast with Texas Toast! She says Papa Vic will make some for us next time we see him, it's one of his favorites. Mama is also making potatoes with sausage and veggies. I help put fruit on the table. "Orges, I see it. I have it? Bite of orges, please. Orges in a minute." Phone rings, they are here! Daddy reaches for his shoes and I am right on his heels. "You coming? I push button. Button five? Button one? I  do it. Daddy's shoes. Kami's shoes, here. I push the button!"

I eat one whole orange before I stop staring at Uncle Roy. 

Uncle Roy is nice. He looks like Papa Vic. Mama says they are brothers. 
When he is around, I don't get close enough to touch him. Watching his every move, I scrunch myself as far away as possible so I don't touch him when I walk by. If I accidentally touch him, I don't know what will happen. In a bag he brings lots of juice. Mama has never let me have juice before now. Now that Uncle Roy is here, we get to try new Japanese things. Uncle Roy is really nice.

Uncle Roy brings Tutsuro. I like Tutsuro better. He is a kid and I like kids. "Pillow here. Here you go. I'll move it. No, here on your feet. Now, on your head. Ha ha, funny. I laughing. Suro nigh-night. No, Suro awake! Nother pillow, here." Tutsuro is Mama's cousin, so Tutsuro is my cousin. I call him Suro. 



Those adults, they can talk and talk. Tutsuro is pretending to sleep and I am moving the pillow every four seconds to see if he is still sleeping. Most times when I move the pillow his eyes are still closed. He may be trying to avoid playing with me. Sometimes his eyes are open and he laughs. Maybe he is playing with me right now? Well, I'll show him some better stuff if he wants to play. "Puzzles, looks. Alfbet letters and numbers, here. You watch. I do it. No, you help. Books too. You wait." He plays with me between his numerous helpings of breakfast. I guess he likes Mama's cooking as much as I do. Soon, we will both be big and tall.

Eventually, Uncle Roy and Tutsuro have to go. "Bye, bye. Push the button?" We will see them again soon. Deep in thought, I try on Mama's hat. It doesn't seem to take away the complexity of my reflections. I can some it up for you. Family is amazing. They can light up your heart for the whole day, many times the whole week, and sometimes the whole year. If you just keep hanging out with family, your whole heart might stay full. 



Detailed conclusions coming soon. I have to run a few tests first. "Mama hug, please."

No comments:

Post a Comment