Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sentakuki. Yakyu. Ichiba.

Today we are walking. When we walk we see new things.

Sentakuki=washing ei. laundry

The first day here, it was very rainy. Today we walk more. We walk through our neighborhood on the way to the playground. There are lots of tall narrow houses, little cars, and little white dogs.

Looking up to the houses, I see clothes everywhere. Almost every house has a line with hanging laundry. "Pants, shirt, towel. Big pants. Wind, cold. Pants? Pants?" Mama Roo says they are letting their clothes dry. Most houses here do not have a machine to dry their clothes. She explains that if you hang them outside, they dry better than inside. Also, they dry better when it is sunny, not raining. I am confused. I have never seen so many houses that have clothes on their porch. How do they not blow away? Mama assures me that it is a really good idea to do laundry like this.





I trust Mama. She knows lots of things. 

Yakyu=baseball

When we get to the playground. I see lots of boys. "Kids. Big Kids. Boys. Bikes. Oooo, bikes." The boys are talking and pointing. They have a bat and a ball. Mama tells me they might play baseball. "Besball?" Yep.






Watching them, I sit by the slide and dig in the black sand. There is no white sand here. Mama says black sand is common by volcanoes. "Caaano?" I ask. Mama explains and I still look confused. "Besball," I point. She smiles at the subject change.

We leave this playground to walk to the corner market. Up a hill and across the street is the path to the market. "Peekgu, peekgu," excitedly I point. There is ANOTHER playground. "Slide, swings, wee." I run to climb. Mama says I am a good climber. Good thing I am, otherwise I wouldn't make it to the top of this ladder. I practice climbing all the time, so that makes me good.



Climbing is hard work so I retire to the dark sand. This is my favorite place. I refuse to move. Some things are the same everywhere. 



Mama picks me up. "Bye-bye peekgu. Bye slide. I walking. Store. Cart, shopping." I brush my hands off on my belly. There is still dirt in my nails.

Ichiba= Market

At the store, we buy vegetables, fruit, butter, jam, and snacks for Daddy Bear's lunch. I name every item loudly and reach for it as it goes in. "Apples, Scash, Potato, Nonion, Budder. I hungry." I am reaching AND whining now. Mama says it's time to leave. 

When we get home, I eat squash. "Yum yum. More please. Hot. Blow it. Yum. I eating." I leave some for Daddy. Mama helps eat it too.



 Now we wait for Daddy to come home. "Work? Bus? I on it. Bus? Please?"


No comments:

Post a Comment