Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Godzilla.

Today we are going to see Godzilla.

Godzilla is a lizard but he is very big. We have a lizard picture in my monkey book. Mama Roo says it's not quite like that. Hmmm.

First, I have to eat Daddy's breakfast. "Bite bite, please. Daddy's bowl. I hungry. Surreal, Surreal. More." Muah, I kiss for thank you. Next, I'll eat some of my own. Sometimes I'll eat some of Mama's too. While we eat, I'm showing Daddy how to text. Lately, my phone is my favorite. I take it everywhere just like the adults.


We are leaving for the park. "Baby Beau, Rachael, Rachael. Back-cack, back-cack. Front, please." Mama puts on the ergo, but tells me we can wait until we see baby Beau to get in. "Kami Lou, where are your shoes," Daddy comes down the hall singing. Fifteen minutes later, we are out the door.

"I walking. Bus. BIG bus. Ride, ride. I sitting. Own seat. Own seat." Ahhh, that's better. I sit it my own seat on the bus. The ride only takes a little while and I barely notice because baby Beau is so fun. Off the bus. I ride in the backpack while Mama and Miss Rachael are talking. They are talking and talking. Finally, they stop to take a picture. We are here. "Zilla?" I don't see any lizards. Just flowers. Baby Beau is sleepy.




Not very many of the flowers are in bloom, but it is still more flowers than I have ever seen. "Yellow, blue, pink? purple." The path we walk is full of every color. "Zilla?" Mama says we have to walk for a while before we get there. She says I can close my eyes. Who can sleep when there is so much to see? I stay awake. "Stairs! I out! I out!" Mama keeps me in. She climbs them all by herself. I wanted to do it too. I am still awake.


 There's where we came from. We are looking for our house. I am resting my eyes now.


"Godzilla! I awake, I awake." We take a picture in front. This is not what the lizard in my book looks like. This one is big. "Big, big lizard." There is a big park with lots to climb. There are slides, towers, rope nets, and rope swings. 



Pay cow?" Mama says we can play on the playground in just a little bit. First, we have to go down the slide in the middle of GODZILLA! You can see people going up through his belly on the right. On the left, it's me and Mama going down the slide! So fun!!


Mama sees more slides. "More?" She asks. I don't answer. She takes silence for a yes.


I think she might be having more fun than I am. I am a little sleepy and she squished my foot. I cry a little. The nets and climbing area catch my attention. "Climb?" Mama climbs with me in the backpack. This is all the closer I want to get. Mama holds on, the logs move and the nets are wet. Daddy is just watching for now.



"Slide, slide!" I see the kids with their shovels. We don't know where they got the shovel, but we decide that we can go without one. This is not the best decision! It is bumpy. Mama is laughing the whole time. I am trying to decide whether to laugh or cry. A little of both come out. I figure out that the big slide is so bumpy from the rollers. On all the other slides I've been on, the surface is smooth. I don't know why they have rollers on this one?




"That was so fun!"
"Bumpy." I crinkle my nose when I say it.
"Wanna go again?"
"Bumpy." I shake my head no. 
Regardless, it's Daddy's turn. Mama says he has to. "We are here and you didn't go down the Godzilla slide!" Daddy smiles and says he'll try it. We climb up again, all together.



Daddy's turn. He seems unsure. Mama said it was bumpy. There he goes!


Daddy said the rollers got really hot. He felt like his pants were on fire. He has no interest in going again. We all decide once is enough. Except for Mr. Dane. He goes twice. 

"Baby Beau. Rachael!" Now, it's Miss Rachael and baby Beau's turn! He doesn't look excited.


Finally, we go play on the little playground. It's just my size. I find something to climb. Then, I find a friend. She is Russian-Japanese and 2 1/2. I like her.


Soon, Mama says time to go. We have played and played and ate all our snacks. We see some other tourists. Most of them are Japanese. We take a typical Japanese tourist photo.  Mama forgets to do the peace sign with her hands. 



We walk past a Shinto shrine on the way home. They are very detailed. This one has a statue in the courtyard. It also has a water trough. Custom is to bring the trough water to your mouth with the ladle and spit it back out into the trough. Gross. Mama says no thank you. I think it might be fun. I just want to get that ladle in my hand a swing it around.
Time to go.



We stop at the red slide playground next to our house. "Pay cow, Pay cow. Animals. Ladybug. I climb it. I ride." Recently, I discovered the animals to ride. My favorite is the ladybug because I can climb it myself. It is VERY windy. Look at my hair! I can also climb the caterpillar rings. Mama has no idea how this toy is fun.



It's too windy to stay out long. "I cold." We go inside to find my baby doll waiting for me. Mama and Daddy unpack from the day and I take care of her. "Buckle. Car seat. Books."


Mama and Daddy play cribbage. I'm not allowed to touch the board or the cards. "Please. I hold it. Safe. I safe. Cards, please? " I try to get them to change their minds. Daddy usually lets me hold his wallet if I promise to keep it safe and not open it. It's not working with these cards. "Would you like a suitcase to play in?" Mama counters with an equal offer. I play in it until bed time.


 "Buckle, buckle. Doobie-doobie, do do do. I singing. Baby? Baby? I buckle. I stuck. Snack? I tired. Nigh-night. Miiiiilk. Milk. Nigh-night. Love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment