Sunday, April 28, 2013

Kesho.

Today, well most days, I help Mama with makeup.

Kesho=makeup

"Kami, would you like to come help Mama with makeup?" 
Running down the hall I shout after her, "Makeup! Mama's makeup. Kami's makeup. Up on counter. Help up, please. I open it."


"Mama's blush, Kami's blush. Open, please. Open! Comb, here. Black brush, here. Green ascara, here. Pink and white, here." I hand Mama Roo what she needs, pretty much in order. She always uses everything in the same order. I have this on lock-down. In between directions to find what Mama needs, I put my own makeup on. I'm catching on very quickly. 


We finish with our makeup and Mama is done with her hair. I am not dressed, so my hair isn't done. This is my bedhead hair. "All done. Down, please. Camera pictures. Smile. Boo boo boo. I looking. I see it. Mama kisses. Kami kisses. Pants, please. Pants on."


Soon, I am dressed. We leave for the park. I know the way there. "Orge sidechalk. Watch out. Doggie poo poo. I see it. Hold hand, cars and road. Paygown paygown! I go fast." I stop for a picture. Then I hide.



Japanese girls taught me how to do the slide. One sits at the top, one goes down with me, and one catches me at the bottom. Today, I will attempt it on my own. Climbing is the easy part. I always smile at the top.


Each time down, I land stunned on my pockets. I only come flying off the red tube slide twice, before I decide I'm done. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll try the easier slope of the metal one.


Even on the metal slide, I fly off the slide and the ground a few times. Mama Roo didn't do me ANY favors by choosing these fleece rocket speed pants. Note to self, start insisting on picking all my own clothes or at least my pants. Temper tantrums with terrible twos are coming early in our house if this can't be corrected. I'll smile and appear excited for now. 


I have had my fill of bottom bruising for today. "Kids! I see them. Watch me. I go there. You wait. Be right back." These kids are playing nicely alone. Of course they must be having fun, so I will join them.


Quickly, they shoo me away. They are making soup in the dirt. It looks good! "I hungry. Table, snack. Cheese and crackers. Apple too? I sit on chair. Time to go. I walking home. Bye bye kids. Boys? Girls? Bye slide."

No comments:

Post a Comment