Thursday, April 4, 2013

Cups.Glasses.

Today is just another day with great tools and accessories.

Breakfast time.
"Lulu, would you like yogurt or toast for breakfast?"
"Yogurt, please." 
"And one more thing. Peaches or applesauce?"
"Applesauce!" 
"How do you ask Kami Lou?" 
"Please." 



Mama puts yogurt in a measuring cup. I like measuring and I like eating. "Applesauce too?" I double check. "Yes dear, I'm putting your applesauce in a measuring cup. I will bring a measuring spoon and a regular spoon," She answers, covering all bases. Sometimes she says no when I ask for things but sometimes she says yes. I overheard her telling Daddy Bear that sometimes it's good for me to use my words and understand that I can effectively manage the world around me. She says that it's also just as much work to wash these cups as it would be to wash two regular bowls. I like these cups. Not sure if I like this yogurt.



 Sometime after breakfast, Mama Roo sends me outside on the deck. "Glasses. Oma's glasses?" I ask. "Are you asking for the glasses that Oma put in the Easter basket for you?" "MMmm-hhhmmm," I smile. "Outside. Glasses, bikes, ride bikes, outside."

Mama Roo says I have to stay outside for a while. She says it helps me fight off sickness and decrease the risk of driving her crazy BEFORE nap time. Sometimes it's Mama who drives me crazy....

My bikes are out there. "I like bikes." I ask to go out all the time and then once I'm out there, I want to come right back in. Mama says I have to stay in or out, I can't keep coming in and out the door. She makes the choice for me. The door closes. I remember there are shells in one bike. " Shells, yay!"



The glasses are on the whole time. I can't quite pedal, but I can climb on the bike. "I climb. On, off, climb." I see Mama Roo watching me. Now she is walking away. Sometimes I whine to see if Mama will come help me. She hasn't yet. 

I must devise a new plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment