Friday, April 12, 2013

Kaigan.

Today is the day Mama says we are going to the beach. 

Kaigan= beach, ocean, seaside, coast

I am so excited. I run around the little table and down the hall. My finishing move is the vault over the couch. Step up. Balance. Look to see who will notice me. "Ready. Clap clap. GO!" I do it over and over again. Now, I remember I'm hungry. "Oatmeal? Pancakes? Apples? Peaches. Peaches, please." I hope we have peaches.



We get ready to leave. "Makeup, Mama's. Kami's makeup. Not makeup. Sharp." I help Mama with makeup. First, I take the sharp items out of the bag. I hand them directly to Mama because I know it's not appropriate to play with the tweezers and scissors. "Kami's. Mama's. Here. I'll get it. Here. Pink, white. Pink, black. Green. Brush, brush. I helping." I hand her everything she needs in order. She reminds me with the colors. 

It is time to leave the house. We meet some other kids and mamas in the lobby. We have to hurry because Mama had to run back for her coat. "Mama! I running. Orange walk. Not road. Oh, cars." The bus takes us to the train. The train drops us off where we walk forever. Mama is talking. I am on her front. She doesn't take pictures. We walk fast.

"Beach! Beach. Sand! Ocean. Uncle Clary? Beach." We arrive.


Sand feels strange on my feet and I am reminded that it is not my favorite. I spot a shell and forget my feet. I'm focused on digging now. The sand is littered with these huge piles of broken shells. It is not all soft like at other beaches we have visited. I don't mind as long as I find shells to dig with.


I look up. "Kids. Friends? Girls?" Where are those other kids we came with today? I'll go see what they are up to. They have buckets.



Standing, I look around for the best spot. I want to be in the middle of the action. The girls are more stationary. That boy keeps running everywhere. I sit by the girls. Showing me how to shovel sand, they seem to get it all over my legs. Is this normal? I feel itchy. I keep sitting there. I like big girls. 


We move over a little bit and look for shells. I put shells in the bucket and my friend keeps taking them out. This is a fun game. She stands up and takes her bucket with her. I look around. What happened to the game? "Bucket!" I smile and go sit by the girls again. "I helping."


It is cold here today. Mama thought it might be warmer. She made me wear this sweater and hat. I'm glad. She tries to adjust the hat, so I can see. I squirm away. I am worried she will try to take the hat off. She scoops me up and says we are going to get some lunch. "Noodles? Chicken?" 

There is a lobster tank at the restaurant. We all look inside. I just want what is in my friend's bucket. I forget about the lobsters.


Time to walk back. "I walking. Down, please. Store. Cart? Train. Bus. I tired. Milk?" On the bus my friends sit between two Japanese business men. They do not look happy that children are there. Maybe they are just not happy?
I fall asleep. 


Home. "I hungry. Snack, please." I put on my "Hello Kitty" jacket. "Cozy, soft." Mama says we can go out and play after our snack.




"Hungry. More snack." We are home again. "Let's get changed," Mama replies. I wear my monkey underwears. Sometimes, I like to hang out in them. Mama reminds me to go pee pee in them. "Sad, monkey. Yellow underwears. No pee pee." Mama will be sad if I pee in my underwears. 


I stay dry for while. By the curtain, I see kids. Yay! "OH! OH! Pee pee. Sad. Yellow money. Sad. Oopsie." Mama says we can try again later. 




No comments:

Post a Comment