Thursday, April 18, 2013

Feriboto.

Today is the day we ride on a ferry boat. It is just like at home. Almost.

Feriboto= Ferry Boat

We are walking lots today. The ferry boat is a long long walk. We pass the turn to go to Godzilla. "Zilla, zilla! Pay cow." Mama has to stop and potty. Many bathrooms here have these "baby seats" which are really great. Here, she puts me in one instead of repeating "Hands on your bellly!" over and over until she is done going. Also, there is rarely soap in bathrooms here. Sometimes no hand dyers or towels. This is very shocking to Mama Roo. She says, "Bathrooms are still dirty here. It is just like everywhere else." 


Daddy Bear has been riding ferries his whole life. On the peninsula, where we live, our lives basically revolve around the ferry schedule. This is looking familiar....


We walk directly into the car garage. From what we can see, there are no other levels. This is all the car parking available. Hhhmmmm, that is not alot! It is empty on the way there, but FULL on the way back. 



After we walk past parking, we walk past metal frames of some sort. Our guess were bikes, luggage or maybe snowboards. Where is the snow? Who is bringing luggage? We were wrong. They are for golf bags. They were FULL when we came back across. There were five or six rows full. We must have missed something....


We find some seats. The seats on this ferry are different. "I sit down. Out, out. Down, please."


Daddy Bear can almost touch his head on the ceiling. I could never ride on his shoulders here. Boo. We see lots of types of seating. "Boat, boat. I walk. I do it." We finally settle into some couch seats with a view. There is almost nobody on this boat right now. 


I make myself at home. "I climbing. Watch me. Look. I up. Wa-wa. Birds. Boat. Oooooo."


 We notice the boats on the beach. To "dock" them they drag them up special ramps. Daddy Bear does not think this is the best way to park them. He says something about ruining the underside. I stop listening at this point. "Wa-wa," I smile and point.


This is when I begin my series of strange and cute faces. I have been practicing in the mirror. "Toria, Toria! Lap, please. Mama, wa-wa, please. BIG boat. I laughing. I funny. Daddy sleeping? Awake! AWAKE! Daddy awake."





Everyone is awake. Toria might be sleeping. Mama Roo says jet lag is hard. Apparently, you get it when you fly. That is why I woke up at 5am for a week. Daddy Bear takes me on a walk. There is a private upstairs. You have to have a certain pass to be up there. We are asked with gestures and body language to get out. 

The motorcycles are waiting to board when we walk off the boat. It is just like home.



We walk back to the boat to go home. Actually, we race there. We hear the horn across the parking lot and run. When a ferry blows the horn, it means go. Running, we make it with one minute to spare. This time finding seats is difficult. Where are all these people coming from? I am asleep in the backpack. 



The sun has set. We aim in the direction of the train station and walk. 



I am tired. Thank the Lord for this backpack and my Daddy's strong back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment