Sunday, April 7, 2013

Kirei na. Kokkusan.

Today is the day we hide from the rain.

Kirei na=clean.

"I clean up. Sweep. Watch me. Here. Dirty. Crackers? Clean up." Mama got a broom from the 100 yen store the other day. I make little messes everywhere and she says sometimes it's easier than getting out the vacuum. Mostly, I like to sweep up one crumb and run over to dump it in the garbage. Then, I go back for more. Sweeping takes a long time.




When the rain stops for a minute, we go to the store. Daddy comes with us. "Peekgu, slide!" On the way, there are two playgrounds. We stop at the one right by the store. There are no kids out yet because it's 9am. Nobody is really out until 10 or 11am here. I wonder what they are doing? It doesn't stop me from climbing. I climb all the way up the rope. Daddy Bear is nervous. He doesn't see me do it all the time like Mama Roo. Mama smiles. "We have a good climber," she says.

We find a cart I can ride in. It is not like the ones at home. Mama was too busy shopping to take a picture. "Apples, potatoes, carrots, zakeny, nonion, sawberries, banana, fish, fish, ocean fish? chips, cookies, cheese, crackers, popcorn, snacks." I name everything we walk by. Mama only gets a couple things. The carrots here are so good. We usually eat some every day. I want to help carry groceries home. Daddy gives me one of the bags.



We have to stop a couple times to adjust our bags. Mostly, I drag my bag on the ground. Daddy reminds me to hold it up. He makes it lighter for me.




Around the corner, we find our friend little Beau. Beau and his Daddy are out for a walk too. They don't have groceries like we do. "Baby Beau. I shopping. Here. Here you go." I try to give him my bag. We stop to talk for a minute. They will come over later. "Bye baby beau. Kisses. Head. Nice kisses." 



Baby Beau is coming over soon. It is very windy and rainy outside, so we don't want to walk anywhere now. "Vacom, vacom. Cord. I helping. On it. On it. Ride." We decide to clean the floor because he doesn't walk yet. Mama says babies love to find crumbs and eat them. I don't see anything wrong with that. I just want to play on the vacuum. Our vacuum is so fun to ride. 



"Push it. I helping. On it. On top. Wee. Wee."



Vacuuming is done. Time to make dinner. "Dinner. I hungry." Mama says she has to cook it. 

Kokkusan= cook, a person who cooks.

"Bite, bite, please. Bite, please. Nonion!"
"Do you want a bite of this onion?"
"Yeah!" I whisper energetically and smile big.
"If I cook it first, it will taste better."
"No. Bite, please!" I'm reaching as far as I can for it.
"Ok, here you go."



I take a bite. "More." I take two more bites. "More. Hold it." Mama lets me hold it and I take two more bites. "Nonion. Yum." My face says I'm not sure. Mama is laughing and Daddy looks concerned. I don't know what that means.

Mama has been chopping other veggies. I climb onto the other chair. "Bite, please." "Lulu, you can have some, just leave the rest on the plate." Sometimes, I prefer to transfer the clean, chopped veggies to the table. Mama doesn't ever prefer that. This time, I just want to eat them. "Zakeny, zakeny. I eating," I announce. 

Mama is cooking at the stove now. She has tomato paste. I love that stuff. "Bite, please. Spoon." I push my chair over to get closer. "Help, please. Help. Spoon. I hold it." Daddy insists on holding the spoon, but he lets me have lots of bites. Mama shrugs her shoulders, "At least it's not ketchup."


Dinner is ready. "Ready to eat. Mmmm, dinner." I have already eaten all of the components raw, but I still want a bowl of the final product. "Rice, meat, carrots. Saucy. Salsa? Saucy!" I hold out my hands. "Amen?" "Yes, lets pray, Kami Lou," Daddy reaches out. "Amen. Dinner, yum. Rice! Spoon. Kami's plate. Daddy's plate. Bite. Daddy's bite, please." I like eating mine and his too.

It is still windy and raining. We are inside for the night. Beau and his Mama and Daddy come to play. He is trying to eat my baby doll and the adults are ignoring us while they talk and laugh. I pile toys around him and hold all the ones I don't want him to touch. My arms are full.

"Toot, toot?! Scuse me. Toot toot! I tooty." I crinkle my nose. These toots are so stinky! Mama is gagging. Beau smiles. Daddy Bear is laughing. It's the onion he says. "Nonion. Toot toot. Scuse me," I laugh.

Bedtime. I am still tooty. Mama crinkles her nose and puts me to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment