Saturday, March 30, 2013

Park.

Today is the day Daddy comes to the park with us. 


We walk the big hill. "Park! Road, cars. Up, dada, no, mama, up. Down, walk. Slide? Park?"
"Up past the stop sign, by the trees is where the park is," whispers Mama in my ear.

I see it! "Down. I fast. Swing!" I run ahead and climb over the barrier.


"Mittens off. Help. Dada, please." Now, I can climb and swing.


The swing is too tall. "Help, Mama. No, Dada! Up, please. Swing! Swiiiiing!"


"I laughing. I swing. Cheese. Cheese. Pictures. Weeeeeeee."


 "Time to get down and play with something else, Kami Pie," Mama breaks in and ruins our fun. Daddy agrees, "Let's try the ladder and the slide." "Ok, all done. Down," I relent.

The tire swing calls my name for a few pictures. I am a little scared of actually riding it, but I like the idea. Such is life. 


Now, I am ready to climb the ladder. I have been practicing on any playground ladder I see, so I'm pretty good at them now. Watch.


 I go up and down. I consider both ladders. Then I climb the other ladder all the way up to the platform. It seems like the best choice for me. The wooden steps are wider.


I convince Daddy to come up and hang out with me. "Wheel, slide, Daddy! Up high. Ladder, down. Cheese. No, down. Mama. Maaaammmaaaa."

"Daddy, go high. Air" 
"You want me to throw you in the air?"
"Yeeeeaaah."
"How do you ask?"
"Peeeeeaase." Daddy lifts me up.
"Ready?"
"Ready." He tosses me up high lots of times. I laugh so much I hit my head on his head.


"Do you need some kisses?" he asks.
"Kisses. Hug. Nigh-night. Miiiilk."
"Are you ready to go home?"
"Yeah. Miiiilk," I whine. "Mitten?"
"Let's put on our mittens and walk home."


It is getting dark. Daddy carries me to help us go faster. His legs are longer than mine. I compared earlier.  We stop to make faces. My face is just like my Daddy's




I forget about nigh-night. This walk is different than before. I see new things.


 "Pine cone. Noise. Hold it. Daddy. You hold. More! Hold it. Home?"


"Time to go home, Kami Lou."
"Pine cone. Hold it. Home."
"Yes, you can take one pine cone home."
"Nigh-night. Blanket, milk. Jammies. Swimming, lotion. Goose, goose."
"Yes, we will go to bed when we get home. I'll put lotion on while you are "swimming". Then we can read Suzy Goose."
"Rooooaaawwnk." Mama and Daddy are giggling. "I laughing."
"Yes, Lulu, you are funny."

"I funny."



No comments:

Post a Comment