Friday, March 8, 2013

Fort.

Today is the day I made a fort.

Cousin Tanner came to my house with Oma. "Tanner, Tanner, swimming?, Tanner, Oma, house," I say with a big smile. He is older and bigger. He knows how to take out all my toys in under five minutes. 

We went upstairs and I show him the jumping mattress. I say, "jump, go, jump." Giggling and jumping, he spots the pile of blankets in the closet. Tanner grabs one and looks at Mama Roo. She nods her head yes. He looks at the ones left in the pile. She says, "Do you want to take them all out to make a fort?" Tanner cheers loudly. "Yeah!" I repeat after him.

The blankets take up a whole laundry basket. I say, "Blanket, cozy, cozy, flowers." Mama Roo, Oma, and Tanner talk about a fort for a minute. I wonder what all the fuss was about......then I found out!!!

Tanner uses two chairs and is trying to use two pillows as walls. Oma showed him a different way and he smiled his biggest smile. I say, "helping, helping," and pull over the baby seat and the baby potty for part of the walls. Tanner grabbed ALL the pillow off the bed. Once we flew the blankets over the whole thing, it became a cave just like the bears have at the zoo!



Toys are the first thing to get thrown into the fort. He throws in all the toys he could see. I race in after them and he came tumbling after me. We rolled and giggled until I caught the hiccups. The most fun was when Tanner would pat my head and make silly faces. I thought he was going to get the hiccups too! "Books, reading, reading," but Tanner doesn't want to read.


We went in and out over and over. Then I discovered I could climb up the chair and fall over and the blankets would catch me. "Chair, chair, again!" I squeal. Tanner was a little upset that I ruined the fort, but when he saw me laughing so hard, he decided to join in!




Once Tanner joined in, the fort looked different. We kicked our feet and giggled some more. "Feet, feet, slippers!" I love his slippers.

Soon, Tanner thought he should help me get ready for nap time. "Nigh-night." I didn't stay there too long. My big bed is so cozy. I go to the edge and snuggle my face in the blankets. Looking at Mama Roo, I say, "Miiiilk, miiiilk, nigh-night." It is time for everyone to go.



I blow kisses and give hugs. Building this fort was the best day I have ever had with Tanner. We had so much fun that I slept until Daddy Bear got home. That never happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment