Friday, March 22, 2013

Floss. Phone.

Today is the day I want to floss for an hour then call Jayne.

Mama Roo flosses all the time. Well, every time I see her brush her teeth. In the morning sometime between breakfast and leaving the house, Mama sits me on the counter and we brush our teeth. "Teeth, brush, wa-wa, hold it," I insist. I have my own toothbrush. Next, she flosses and then hands the string to me. Usually, I am done quickly, but today I say, "More. Hold it. I flossing."


"Kami Lulu, are you done flossing? We have to put pants on soon." "No. Flossing," I reply. Mama shows me her patience with a sigh. "When I come back downstairs, we are going to put pants on." "Mmm-hhmm," I hum in agreement with the string still in my mouth.


She comes back. I am ready. I hold out the string, "Garbage?" "Yes, thank you." She watches me carefully because sometimes I like to stick my hand further into the garbage container than she deems necessary. "Follow me to find a diaper." 

"Phone! Phone!" I remember I must make an important call. "After your diaper," Mama is the one insisting this time.


I retrieve my phone. Jayne is on the other end. I can't tell you what we are talking about, but it is urgent. My desk is available. I sit down.


We are laughing and I am telling her about the trees and animals outside. "Birds, trees, rain, wet. Wet, doggie, bikes." Jayne hangs up.



I contemplate calling Oma. That is who I talk to if I'm not talking to Jaynie. Typing a couple numbers, "Be-boop, beep, boop, boop," I repeat like Daddy Bear says it. Now, saying the be-boops is more fun. "Boop, be-boop, be-boop, be-boooop, beep, beep, boop." Then, I text like Mama Roo.

Mama says I continue this in the car. It is time for the store. "Cart, shopping, ride, RIDE!, store, pizza?" I wonder. "Yes, we can have pizza at Costco," Mama laughs.

I forget about my phone.



No comments:

Post a Comment