Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cousins.

Today is yay for cousins play day!

Tanner, William, and Nathan are really fun cousins. They are so fun that they don't stop moving. Ever. 

I like trying to run around the circle after them. I start running toward them and pretty soon they are running behind me. They pass me and almost knock me over every time. I like them, but they are scary. I stop and cry for a minute. Then, I see what Nathan is playing with. It reminds me about I have the music maker at Oma's. I love that. The boys keep running and I sit and play with Nathan. Mama has trouble getting pictures in all the chaos. I sing "Old MacDonald" for a little while those boys keep running.













The only time everyone sat down is for a snack. Apples, carrots, and muffins. I ask for "wa-wa" and Mama finds my favorite pink water bottle. I sit in a big girl chair, but really just want in the high chair Nathan is using. He doesn't use it for long because he wants to sit with his Mama. Good, I get the chair now. Sometimes I'm not ready to be a big girl.



Before we go home, it is reading time. Oma is the best story teller. She never says the real words, I know because I bring her the same 2 books every time and the story is always different. Maybe I'll teach her to read someday. It can't be that hard. I can already sing the first part of that ABC song. Reading must come soon after that. 



Sometimes it's fun to have your own book. I can read all the words myself. Sometimes though, I like to lay in the middle of it all while Oma and Tanner try to see the pictures around me. Tanner is so patient and lets me do whatever I want. He got up to pick a new book when he was tired of my shenanigans. 



Uncle Scott likes to help us read too. Tanner turns the pages and Uncle Scott reads the words. We all laugh when we can't find the puppy under the first few flaps. Uncle Scott says, "yep, a lion!" Tanner says, "Wait, we skipped a page." I say "Monkey, monkey, lion, rawr," the whole time we read. It is fun to read.



No comments:

Post a Comment