Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Home.

Today is the day we came HOME. 
Well, not that I remember this home, but this is what Mama Roo says is home. She says this is where she got my room ready and this is where I learned to talk. She also said this is where she rocked and rocked and rocked me some more until 2am. That sounds fun, maybe I'll see if she'll do that again for me sometime. 

We spent 3 days in the car. It wasn't terrible like I thought it would be. I figured Mama Roo and Daddy Bear would drive me crazy talking and singing to the radio. Mama sings to EVERY song (how does she know them all???seriously???) and Daddy changes all the words because he thinks it's funny. I'm.not.amused.

I developed a plan to help me get through this. This is a rough outline. Please don't tell my parents. They are starting to suspect I know more than I tell them.


Day 1: Stay awake when I "should" be going to sleep. Talk to myself incessantly. Act like my car seat is a vice grip, squirm and whine until someone comes back here. Read books (a girl has to get some real work done at some point). Insist on making silly faces and laughing like a hyena while meowing on and off for 30 minutes or until I or they feel like I'm going crazy. Demand snacks. Refuse all snacks offered. Finally accept most messy snack offered. Act entertained and lovely for a bit so they don't leave me at a gas station (I know what happens to really naughty babies). Pretend to sleep for 10 minutes or until they stop for gas. Repeat as needed.

We stopped to eat dinner and checked into a big building that looked like the house we just left. Mama Roo and Daddy Bear call it a hotel. There were new things to touch everywhere! Naturally, Mama repeated, "Lulu, you must play on the bed or with your toys," a few times while I pointed to the garbage and plug ins. Oh boo. She just sucks the fun out of the room sometimes. All was not lost, Daddy played with me for a while and Mama brought back some delicious Panda Express. All I wanted to eat was chicken, but I gladly swirled the green beans in sauce on the table while they thought I was getting ready to eat them. Little did they know, I just wanted to make a mess. I also helped them unpack. I'm really good at that.

Day 2: Act entertained with books for a while. Demand snacks. Refuse snacks. Demand water. Take a sip and toss it aside. Demand "team". Say "team, team, team" until Daddy Bear figures out I'm asking for a GAME. They showed me the Kindle yesterday when they were trying to entertain me. Now, I think I'm addicted. I want to play the barn animal game ALL DAY. Not really, but at least for 10 minutes. I had more of a plan for today, but yesterday was so exhausting, I'll just sleep.

We stopped at a house with a little boy and a little girl. Brandon and Kallie are so fun! It was SO nice to play with some kids for a change. I love my parents, but man, they were starting to wear on me. We played and played, but then Mama Roo sucked the fun out again and said it was time to go. She said we could have dinner, so I didn't put up a big fight.
Then we went to Rocky's house. Originally, I thought they were talking about a rocking chair, but turns out it's this big guy's name. I said, "Rocky," over and over because they all kept laughing every time I said it. Something about my teeny, tiny, voice. I don't know, it's hard to follow adult conversations sometimes. Rocky fed me lots of little oranges. I decided he wasn't so scary.

Day 3: Sing loudly for a few songs to try and do it better than Mama Roo. Watch out the window and yell, "BUS!" Read. Talk to myself to try and stay awake (it didn't work). Make animal noises. Read more. Yell, "team, team, team!" until they ask me to use my gentle voice, which I do, then they give me the animal game, so I can learn new sounds. Sleep. Demand pizza. 

We saw Aunt Kelley, Auntie Kayla, Uncle Karl, Aunt Jadie, and baby Kashton. It was great to see them and let them smoother me with kisses. I would only let Aunt Kelley kiss me after she promised to go find the kitty for me. I really didn't care about anything but the kitty and grapes. Isabella came home with us from Uncle Karl and Aunt Jadie's house! Kashton seems to love her, so I'm sure she'll grow on me. I acted scared and screamed when I first saw her because I wanted her to know my Mama Roo and Daddy Bear love me more, so they'll pick me up first.  I do like her, I just want her to stay on her pillow. Mama says she is my puppy and I loved her in Washington. 

Finally, we arrived home. I watched Daddy Bear unpack the car, taking lots of trips back and forth.  It seems nice. There is a big bed. Mama says we are all tired. I believe her and want to go to bed now.

That is all for today.
 Kami Lulu


2 comments:

  1. So cute! She is getting so big! I can't believe she was just crawling around when I first met you!
    Love the baby pony tails!!

    ReplyDelete