Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Boat.

Today is the day I took Mama Roo on the ferry. It's our second time this week!



















Back when I was a wee little thing Mama took me on the boat LOTS, but I kinda forgot what it was like. There are so many noises! I kept saying, "noise, noise, BIG boat, noise, backpack, baby, noise."

We sat down on a bench close to the window. "WA-wa, WA-wa, bird, kack, kack, kack," I said over and over. Then I saw a doggie. Mama Roo said, "Actually miss Lou, that's a seal. Do you remember those from the zoo?" To show her I remembered the zoo, I say, "HIPPO! ZOO!" She smiles and says yes. I relax against the back of the chair for 3 seconds before I decide to climb up and down for the remainder of the ride.

On the way back, there were lots of old people and only a few kids. Mama Roo found us a cute little girl to sit by. The girl told us she was 8. I showed her everything I had in our purse. Then I put on the purse, because I love to be just like Mama. The girl was so nice and ate all the snacks I gave her (Mama told me later that she was just pretending and just stuffing the snacks into her pocket). 

**Note from Mama: This little girl on the ferry amazing with Kami Lulu. She was patient and played with her the whole time we sat there.Watching the communication between them is the best part of seeing Kami with older kids. In this particular case, they were negotiating who would put on the "backpack" (ergo carrier) and who would buckle it. I try not to interrupt because I think it's important for little K to be able to express herself effectively to a person of any age. Both girls seemed grateful to have a moment to themselves in the middle of all the adults. :)

A few days ago when we came on the boat, Mama took me into the bathroom. Next to the toilet is a high chair. I thought it was strange, but Mama Roo said I was going to sit in it for just a couple minutes. She said last time I sat there, I was barely 4 months old. Now, I don't remember how I felt about the chair last time, but THIS time, it was so fun. Check out me saying, "HEYA, I'm on the chair!"


I sat there while Mama tried to get a better picture, but I just kept talking and dancing. Come to find out, that's not the kind of picture she wanted. Ah well, I guess we will just have to go back on the boat and sit in the bathroom chair again. 


While we were in Seattle I had lots of fun too! We should have pictures, but Mama Roo always has so many things in her hands that she doesn't have an extra one to take pictures, even when she remembers to. Sorry, I look sleepy in this last one. Mama realized she hadn't taken a picture of us together, so it "had to happen" in her words. I fell asleep in the car right out of the parking lot.

Usually, we are having too much fun laughing, talking, and eating with her adult friends to take pictures. I practiced on the boat and can say Aurora, Teanna, and Toria. The girls we have lunch with never seem to remember to bring a baby for me to play with. It's ok, though. I like to pretend to be like them. I like to sing and dance a little to make Mama's friends laugh. Usually, they try to feed me too. "Bite, please," I say. Sometimes make funny faces when it's food I'm not used to. Those faces make those girls laugh even harder. Often I make funny faces even if I like the food. I love making adults laugh.

I'll be ready to go back to Seattle soon. I already told Mama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment