Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Big girl

Today is the day I want to do ONLY big girl things. 

Some days I like being Mama's baby, but some days I want to do everything by myself. Most days it's split fairly evenly. At 19 months old, I realize that acting like an adult can be fun sometimes, other times it means doing really boring things like clipping toenails or laying down to rest after dinner. Who wants to rest after dinner? Only boring people.



Today, I started out by standing like Mama Roo stands sometimes. I am playing my bird whistle that Oma got me for Christmas. I really love to whistle it over and over until Mama says, "It's time to find a different toy," and takes it away. 

Once we changed out of our jammies and got going for the day I wanted to take pictures of Isabella. I kept saying, "Boo, boo, boo," to try and make Isabella smile. "Picture, picture, cama, cama, boo, boo, boo," I said the whole time Mama did dishes. 



After a while I ask,"Wa-wa, please." Mama ruined my plan and poured it for me, so a pouted for a minute. At least she poured it in a big girl glass instead of one of those ridiculous baby cups with a lid. I hate those. 



 I drink my water out of these green, big girl cups now. When I'm done, I set in one the "little table". I nod yes when Mama asks me if I can carry it into the living room by myself.

There is one other thing I like to leave on the table with my water, my phone. Daddy Bear was cleaning and organizing last week. He found a phone just for me! He and Mama keep calling it a calculator, but that's weird because it looks just like Mama's phone. I have been texting and calling Oma, Opa, and Grandma every day. Daddy shows me how to push numbers and they come up on the screen, just like Mama's. 


I'm definitely a big girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment