Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chairs.



Today I can't get enough of my little recliner chair.

Great Grandma Sue and Grandpa Don got it for me this Christmas. I loved it the moment I saw it. It is just my size. Luckily, it's not pink and purple, princess, or Dora, so Mama Roo likes it too! I can climb in it all by myself and put lots of toys in it too. 

Mama says I have to "sit on my knees or my bottom," but that doesn't ruin all the fun. I like to sit backwards and forwards. I like to launch myself over the side only to land sideways on the cushion. I'll never let her get a picture of that, though. When she sees me playing all cute, she runs quickly to this spot where she always keeps one of the cameras. By the time she gets back with the camera, I'm sitting fairly still and ready with a smile. I know she wants to get some "action" shots, but I like to make it as difficult as possible for her to capture those. 


While we have been unpacking I have been playing in my old baby chairs. I can't believe I used those so long ago. Daddy Bear thinks it's cute when I climb inside, so I do it just for him (and maybe a little because it's fun). When climb in, I like to spin myself around to the giraffe and the lion. If you RAWR it makes the chair much more fun! The more you RAWR, the more fun it gets. Sometimes Mama Roo and Daddy Bear join in with the RAWRing and that's when we have a GREAT time! 
There is this one problem.This chair is a TRAP, I discovered I can't get out. A few times, I tried and got stuck with one leg in and one leg out. Mama Roo tried to help me without laughing. It didn't work. She took so long and was laughing so hard she had to sit down. My leg was just hanging there and I felt like she would never stop laughing. Parents can be so useless.

My other old chair is for the car. I like to yell, "Carsi, Carsi," whenever I see it. Daddy Bear smiles when he sees me playing in it. When I ask, "RIDE, RIDE," he scoops up the chair and swings me around like spinach in a salad spinner. I squeal and giggle enough so that he usually will do it one more time after he sets me down. It does make me a little dizzy, so when he insists on a hug at the end, I let him told me a little longer.



I can't tell you about all these other chairs without mentioning the red chair in San Diego. It was the first chair I ever climbed and kind of like my Mount Everest. That chair taught me everything I know about climbing. Duck your head when you go under chairs until you know you are all the way out, in best practice wait until you are a foot away to lift your head. You can go out the side of chairs, but the difficulty level is a 10 instead of a 2. If you wiggle your legs just right, you can get your whole belly onto the seat, once you do that, it's cake. If you haven't noticed, I spend lots of time climbing. There could be a whole post about climbing other hurdles, but I never stay in a spot long enough for Mama Roo to get the camera. When she comes back with it, I refuse to climb again. It's part of my charm.

My favorite part about different chairs is the challenge to climb them with no help. Of course, if Daddy Bear or Opa are looking at me, I whine like I need help. Opa ALWAYS scoops me up and sets me wherever I want. It's hit and miss with Daddy. Forget about asking Mama Roo. She tells me I can do it and sometimes offers tips like, "try using your foot," or "maybe the corner will be easier." Usually they help, but I like to look at her like she is crazy. 
At other people's houses, I prefer rocking chairs. They are so fun! I just dance in them and they move like a swing. Have you climbed into a rocking chair recently? You should, because you are missing out. Here's a smile to prove it.

The last chair has been a favorite for a long time. EVERY time I sit in the chair, they give me food. I'll eat almost anything when I'm in that chair. I tell Mama with sign language that I'm hungry. Just to hit the point home, I say, "hungry, hungry" or "eat, eat". She sits me in that chair and offers me lots of things. My favorites are noodles, pancakes, pears, mango, and chicken. Today we had Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad, yum! 
- Love Lulu

No comments:

Post a Comment