Monday, November 4, 2013

Tea gives me the trots.

Today is the day I had my first cup of tea!

I have been getting sips of tea from Mama for a little while now. Mostly, Mama has this very particular rule about only drinking water. She couldn't find anything too wrong with me sharing her tea. Finally, she gave me my own cup. Here I am so proud that I'm a big girl!


"Mama, I have some tea? Own cup? That cup there? I have my own cup, please?......Mmmmm, TEA! Daddy, look, I have tea. My tea, not Mama's tea. I put it on the little table. You want some? Mama has some. It pink tea. I like pink tea. You like pink tea?"


I finish my cup of tea and I feel my tummy gurgle a little. I know what this feeling is....
"Mama, I go potty now. Daddy, you come with me? I go poo poo. I not poo poo on my dress. Put dress in armpits and close my legs. (Running to the potty, I call behind me) Daddy, you coming?"


I sit down and get my dress situated. Mama is giggling. She says, "I guess tea gives her the trots." Daddy and I look at her like she is crazy. "You've never heard that saying?" she asks us. I continue to stare and Daddy tells her, "No, that's a weird saying." Mama just keeping laughing.

I tell Daddy a story and he listens, like always. He doesn't ask as many questions as Mama. I like that.


Daddy makes me laugh too. We make funny noises together. He listens while I name my poops. "I still going poo poo. You push like this, uuhh. See there one goes. It's a noodle poo. Nother one is snake poo. I not done yet. You sit with me. You don't leave." I shake my head to send the point home.

I like it when Daddy sits with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment