Saturday, June 8, 2013

Kamakura Daibutsu.

Today is the day we are going to go inside a Buddha!

We start the day in a taxi with Miss Lena and baby Gabriel. Gabriel and I begin acting like siblings who don't get along in the car. He touches my leg with his hand and I swipe it away. He tries to touch my legs with his legs so I put my feet on Mama. Then he tries to put his head by my shoulder, I move so he can't touch me. I claw my way up onto Mama's lap and take the sunglasses he is playing with. Mama gives them back. Blast. I wanted both pairs of sunglasses. Wiggling and whining are getting me in trouble, double blast.


We ride two different trains and walk for a bit. Finally, we are here! "Here you go." I give the man two coins to get through the gates. Class picture in front of the BIG Buddha. Fun. "BIG BIG Buddha. Big voice, little voice. Big voice outside. STAIRS! I do it. I fast. Gabriel, there." Good, he is locked in his Ergo backpack. Gabriel is still not allowed to touch me.


More Buddha pictures! I climb the stairs to get a better view. "I see kids. Boy there. Two girls. Look, hats. Yellow, yellow hats."




Mama sees the line where you go up inside the Buddha. Yes, we are going in!


"Dark in here. Buddha here? Inside Buddha? Down, I go myself." Mama picks me up because I broke the rules. More blast. Remembering all the rules is really hard. Mama tries to make it easy by reminding me when we go into new places, but it's still really hard. I must find some ginko biloba, that would be good for me, right?


At the Buddhas there is always smelly fire. Mama calls in incense. "Incest?" "Nope, incense," she corrects. I see the smile on her face, it must be one of those really funny words like penguin.


I pose outside the Buddha. People are looking at me then looking around to see if I belong to anyone. They figure it out quickly enough. Making my way back to Mama I spot the rocks. This trough neatly lines the courtyard the Buddha is in. Now, I found a seat and refuse to move. Reluctantly, I listen to Mama. Motivated by doing everything myself, she tells me she will help me if I can't move out of the rocks quickly. I can't believe she doesn't see the value in sitting here in the rocks all day...something about almost lunch time...


 We find our way over to baby Gabriel who has just finished a little snack. Mama sees another photo op.


While we are packing up, I find someone to play with. We are laughing and making lots of hand gestures.


"Dinner now? I hungry. We go find dinner? I walk myself? Nooo, backpack on front." I laugh at my joke, of course Mama won't let me walk all the way to dinner by myself. I am pretty funny these days. We are the first customers into a small restaurant just opening. They are so busy opening, they don't take our order for a little bit. The food is delicious when it comes, so tardiness doesn't matter. It is fair to note, I am getting much better with chopsticks too!


A hop, skip, and jump back to base to meet our Daddy's. Gabriel and I are BOTH ready for nap. We miss whatever happens next.




1 comment: